Sunday, November 28, 2010

An Unordinary Thanksgiving.

This year was slightly different than what I have been used to when it comes to the holidays. Normally I will go home and spend the entire day of Thanksgiving cooking with my mom, then our family will go over to our friends, Abe and Rose's house that will soon be jam packed with 4-6 more families. We continue to cook while the little ones run around like crazy and the men watch football.Our feast usually includes the traditional turkey, a ham, carne asada, shrimp, and some crab legs. Yum!
However this year it was slightly different. My family moved to Washington state and I wasn't able to catch a flight out. Sad face.  But I did have many generous offers from my friends to spend Thanksgiving with them. And that is what I did. Fun!
 Meet Alex and Micaela Wamboldt. They just got married in June! I was a bridesmaid. Also fun! They are now seniors getting ready to graduate but they have been amazing leaders in Chi Alpha and great friends. Side note Micaela and I lived together last year. They are also my parents....inside joke. 
So I got to spend Thanksgiving with them and Alex's parents and sister, Cassy up at their cabin in Greer. It was so beautiful, the work that they put into this cabin is unreal. The whole weekend was incredibly relaxing. I didn't have my phone at all. No signal. It was a nice escape from reality. 
On Thanksgiving day when I woke up it was snowing and I just watched the snow loft to the ground, it was beautiful. Later that day we got a chance to go sledding and play in the snow.






The whole weekend was a replica of this carefree, lets have fun and relax atmosphere. We played a bunch of family games, watch YouTube videos, and even went star gazing. It was so cold! I just wanted to dedicate this to all of the Wamboldts. Even though I didn't have my normal Thanksgiving, I really enjoyed being apart of yours. Thank you for making me feel loved and welcomed.



No comments:

Post a Comment